In accordance with the Doddridge County Floodplain Ordinance, a permit is required before any development including improving and unimproving of real property in the floodplain. If you live near a creek or stream and plan on any development please contact our office to verify whether or not you are in the floodplain and we will help you fill out the proper paperwork. Below is the permit application, it is in PDF Format, it can be printed out and filled out. The application can be hand delivered or mailed to the floodplain managers office at 105 Court Street Suit #3, West Union, WV 26456. The application will be reviewed and processed in accordance to County Floodplain Ordinance. Also below is a current list of all floodplain permits.